Cake values integrity and transparency. We follow a strict editorial process to provide you with the best content possible. We also may earn commission from purchases made through affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more in our affiliate disclosure.
How do you make the most of each and every day? We all have bad days from time to time, but these are only temporary. One of the things that brings us to life is music.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Country Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
- Rock Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
- Rap and Hip-Hop Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
- Pop Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
- Older Songs About Living in the Moment
The right song turns a whole day around. Whether you need a new theme song for your bucket list or you’re planning a celebration of life party, you need an uplifting playlist.
Music puts the feelings we can’t always express into words, sounds, and tunes. It gets your blood pumping and your foot-stomping. If you’re ready to live life to the fullest, here are the best 30+ songs to spark your next playlist. Get ready to turn the volume up!
Tip:You can add them to a Spotify playlist (graba digital Spotify gift cardfor someone who doesn't have a Premium subscription) and start listening now.
Post-loss tip: If the significance of these songs comes to you after the loss of a loved one, we hope they comfort you; if you are the executor for the deceased and need help organizing your process as you're dealing with their unfinished business, we have a post-loss checklist that will help ensure everything is taken care of.
Country Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
Country music reminds us of the importance of the simple things in life. From sitting on the front porch to enjoying time with friends, these are the songs that show us what really matters.
1. "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts
When we age, we learn to accept our mistakes as the roadmap they are. Each misstep leads us to the people we are today. Even if the road you took to this moment was broken, it made you who you are.
2. "Let It Go" by Zac Brown Band
We can’t control everything in life, and that’s okay. The Zac Brown Band encourages listeners to remember that life always goes on.
3. "Humble and Kind" by Tim McGraw
Tim McGraw understands what’s really important in life—to be humble and kind. Say please and thank you, respect those you love, and do your best each and every day. That’s what it means to be a good person.
4. "Girl In a Country Song" by Maddie & Tae
These girls aren’t afraid to tell it how it is. They’re all about girl power and staying strong through it all. Country music is good fun, but nobody really wants to be a “girl in a country song.”
5. "Smoke Break" by Carrie Underwood
While the name might imply Carrie Underwood thinks more people should pick up smoking, this is really a song about learning to let yourself relax. Everyone deserves to have some fun!
6. "This One’s For the Girls" by Martina McBride
This is a call to arms to all women everywhere that you should cast your worries aside and just let go.
7. "It’s a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt
Travis Tritt knows that life is better when you live and let live. If you sing along to one of the greatest country hits, you’re sure to cherish each day.
If you or a loved one aren't into digital playlists for your country songs, you can pick up a physical CD, record, or tapefrom an online marketplace like Amazon.
» MORE: Everyone's life is worth celebrating. These tools keep their memory close.
Rock Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
Rock pushes us to be bold, try new things, and take advantage of every moment. These are perfect for a living funeral, dance party, or a solo car ride. They’re guaranteed to get your heart pumping.
8. "Dream On" by Aerosmith
Is there any song more rock ‘n roll than “Dream On?” We don’t think so. This song reminds listeners that “the good lord will take you away” one day, so you’ve got to seize the day.
9. "Don’t Stop Believing" by Journey
Not only does this song play at every party, but it’s also got a great message about always believing in yourself.
10. "The Show Must Go On" by The Beatles
Queen’s Freddie Mercury recorded this song towards the end of his battle with AIDS, and he proves just how possible it is to live amongst the greatest of challenges.
11. "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks
Stevie Nicks sings about her own struggles with grief, saying it’s time to begin again.
12. "Heroes" by David Bowie
This song was inspired by lovers separated by the Berlin Wall. It just goes to show that everyone can be a hero, even if it’s only for one day. Even our small contributions to this planet matter.
13. "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness
Love is a rare and beautiful thing. When it affects us, this is something worth celebrating. Do you believe in a thing called love? Just listen to your heart.
14. "Ramble On" by Led Zeppelin
This song is a reference to a Lord of the Rings quest, evoking fantasy, wonder, and excitement. Your own life is an adventure. Are you enjoying the ride?
Rap and Hip-Hop Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
Rap and hip-hop are a form of lyrical poetry. Let these experts on life share their wisdom about living life to the fullest.
15. "Forever Young" by Jay Z ft. Mr. Hudson
We can’t go back to the past, so let’s live in the present. It’s better to be forever young than to live forever.
16. "Live Your Life" by T.I. Ft. Rhianna
Even when you think times are at their worst, pop a bottle and stay grateful for what you have.
17. "Stronger" by Kanye West
This song could prepare you for anything. With a sample from Daft Punk’s hit, this song is all about having fun.
18. "Trophies" by Drake
Drake’s “Trophies” is all about being a winner, even if you don’t feel like one. We all play along in his fantasy for this one.
19. "Moment 4 Life" by Nicki Minaj
There are some moments that you wish you could have for life, so just let yourself feel alive and celebrate. These memories won’t last forever.
20. "Dreams and Nightmares" by Meek Mill
Even if you feel like you’ve waited a lifetime for your moment, it’s coming. When it does, it’s okay to bask in that glory.
21. "DNA" by Kendrick Lamar
This war song is all about fighting for what you believe in. Your last breath could be closer than you think, so you need to go for the things that matter to you.
» MORE: Save $$$ and time with our tools.Start now.
Pop Songs About Living Life to the Fullest
Pop music is bubbly and upbeat, embodying everything fun and exciting about life. From top 40 hits to fan favorites, these songs have it all.
22. "We Are Young" by FUN
The chorus of this song embodies adolescence and the joy of being carefree. “Tonight we are young,” so make the most of every second.
23. "Good Old Days" by Mackelmore and Kesha
Value your experiences while you can. Soon, they’ll be the “good old days” and you’ll wish you could have them back.
24. "Do You Realize?" by The Flaming Lips
Life goes faster than you “realize.” It’s hard to make the good moments really last, but we still have to try the best we can.
25. "The Nights" by Avicii
Sometimes the best nights are as easy as playing the right song (hint: it’s this one). These are the nights worth remembering, so pay attention to the small things.
26. "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson
Even when things don’t go your way, it only makes you stronger. As Kelly Clarkson says, “What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter.”
27. "Skyscraper" by Demi Lavato
No obstacle gets in your way if you’re determined enough. As long as you have a strong foundation, you can build your own skyscraper.
28. "Harder, Better, Faster" by Daft Punk
This funky classic is guaranteed to get you moving. It might be simple, but when you “work it harder” you “make it better.”
Older Songs About Living in the Moment
Sometimes you have to take a trip down memory lane to understand the beauty of everywhere you’ve been. These songs about aging and enjoying the now inspire you to be mindful every day.
29. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
The Beatles have the best advice of all—let it be. When things get hard, just remember that you can’t control everything. Sometimes you have to just let it go and do the best you can with what you have.
30. "Imagine" by John Lennon
If you’re a dreamer, John Lennon says you’re not the only one. No dream is too far away if you imagine it’s possible.
31. "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
Life is full of endless colors. As long as you wake up and see them, it’s a wonderful world. Are your eyes open to everything life has to offer?
32. "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop
If you’ve got a lust for life, nothing can get in your way. While this song hints at drugs and alcohol, you have to admit it’s a rousing song about living fast and hard.
33. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
We’re all on a stairway to heaven, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still “change the road you’re on.” It’s never too late for redemption.
34. "You Can’t Always Get What You Want" by Rolling Stones
It’s true that you can’t always get everything you want. But, as the Rolling Stones sing so eloquently, “you might just find what you need.” This ode to keeping your virtues close is a great motto to live by.
35. "Masters of War" by Bob Dylan
Money and luxury won’t get you far in this world. It’s all about love and being true to yourself. This inspirational song is all about putting yourself before capitalism.
» MORE: Are you preparing for the loss of a loved one? Get support now.
Create Your Own Happiness Playlist
Everyone deserves a playlist that reminds them of all the reasons why life is wonderful. Whether you prefer rap or pop, don’t be afraid to search for the songs that make you feel deeply. We only live once, so why not listen to the best music while we can?
All of these catchy tunes above prove that it’s not hard to start end-of-life planning. All you need is your favorite song and a bit of inspiration. Are you ready to get started?
If you're looking for more ways you can start living in the present, read our guides on how to start living in the moment if you're feeling anxious and how to write your life story.
- Let Me Be Myself by 3 Doors Down.
- Let You Down by NF.
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day.
- A Long December by Counting Crows.
- Complicated by Avril Lavigne.
- Who Says by Selena Gomez.
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.
- Blow Up the Outside World by Soundgarden.
“Live Your Life” by T.I. featuring Rihanna
T.I. and Rihanna gave fans a confidence booster with their hit single “Live Your Life.” The two reflected on how people should work smart, stack their money, and live on their terms. The song reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- 1. “ Titanium” by David Guetta.
- 2. “ Under Pressure” by Queen and David Bowie.
- 3. “ We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift.
- 4. “ Weekend” by Louis The Child and Icona Pop.
- 5. “ Brave” by Sara Bareilles.
- 6. “ Baba O'Riley” by The Who.
- 7. “ It's My Life” by Bon Jovi.
- 8. “
- Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. Christina Aguilera Beautiful. ...
- Beautiful Day by U2. ...
- Born Free by Matt Munro. ...
- Country Roads, Take Me Home by John Denver. ...
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. ...
- Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin. ...
- Dream On by Aerosmith. ...
- Dust in the Wind by Kansas.
- 1. “ It's My Life” by Bon Jovi.
- 2. “ Lego House” by Ed Sheeran.
- 3. “ Don't Stop Believin'” by Journey.
- 4. “ Beloved Freak” by Garbage.
- 5. “ We Can Work It Out” by The Beatles.
- 6. “ I'm a Keeper” by The Band Perry.
- 7. “ Highway Star / Not Fade Away” by Deep Purple.
- 8. “ Titanium” by David Guetta.
- Walking on Sunshine. ...
- Staying Alive. ...
- Holding on to a Hero. ...
- Daydream Believer. ...
- I Won't Back Down. ...
- Beautiful. ...
- I Will Survive. ...
- Everybody Hurts.
- 'Let's Go Crazy' by Prince. ...
- 'I Got You (I Feel Good)' by James Brown & The Famous Flames. ...
- 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen. ...
- 'Good as Hell' by Lizzo. ...
- 'Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina & The Waves. ...
- 'Lovely Day' by Bill Withers. ...
- 'Tightrope' by Janelle Monáe. ...
- 'Three Little Birds' by Bob Marley & The Wailers.
- “Gates of Hades” // Nick Ashton.
- "Runaway Train” // Soul Asylum. ...
- "Panama” // Van Halen. ...
- "Gran Vals” // Francisco Tarrega. ...
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" // Nirvana. ...
- "I Will Always Love You" // Whitney Houston. ...
- "867-5309/Jenny" // Tommy Tutone. ...
- "The Magic Flute" // Mozart. ...
“GOOD VIBRATIONS” from THE BEACH BOYS makes people happier than other songs! The Beach Boys “Good Vibrations” tops the list as the song that makes people the happiest, according to a university professor's scientific formula. The iconic 1966 anthem is #1 in Dr. Michael Bonshor's formula.What is the number one happiest song in the world? ›
Scientists have revealed that Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys is the world's happiest song, but do you agree? A researcher in the U.K. has revealed his list of the best songs in the world that are most likely to make you happy, and it's all based on science.
"Sweet Emotion" is a song by the American rock band Aerosmith from the band's third album Toys in the Attic. It was released as a single on May 19, 1975. The song began a string of pop hits and large-scale mainstream success for the band that would continue for the remainder of the 1970s.What country songs boost confidence? ›
She's followed by Shania Twain, Luke Combs, Miranda Lambert and Toby Keith as the most confidence-inducing artists in the genre. Songs like "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!," "Beautiful Crazy," "Little Red Wagon" and "How Do You Like Me Now?" certainly amp up the self-assurance.What are top 3 songs? ›
|1. (2)||2||Last Night Morgan Wallen peak position: 1 – total weeks: 27|
|2. (3)||3||Fast Car Luke Combs peak position: 2 – total weeks: 19|
|3. (new)||new||Meltdown Highest Debut Travis Scott and Drake peak position: 3 – total weeks: 1|
|4. (6)||6||Cruel Summer Taylor Swift peak position: 4 – total weeks: 13|
The release is considered an EP if it comprises 3 or fewer songs, with one of those songs being 10 minutes long or longer. However, the total playtime of the entire release is less than 30 minutes. But if the release is 30 minutes in total and includes 4 to 6 songs, it would also be considered an EP.What are three words to describe a song? ›
The adjectives used to describe music are rhythmic, beautiful, electric, warm, lyrical, melodious, etc.What song is my love life? ›
"My Love Life" is a song by Morrissey released in September 1991. It was a stand-alone single rather than taken from any studio album, although it was included on the compilation albums World of Morrissey (1995) and Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey (1997).