Songs have the wonderful ability to spark emotions when you listen to them. Within the lyrics, there are often messages that are best brought to the ear through music. Many have messages and advice for life that can be useful for those who listen to them.
Keep on reading to learn about some of the most meaningful songs in the music industry. These have incredible messages and notes on making your way through life. Perhaps these can help you through some moment in your life in the past, present, or future.
The first song up on this list is “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera. Released in 2002, this song was immediately recognized as an incredible and inclusive melody for all. The words follow the shame that the singer experiences with the way she looks, and the power and strength she should be feeling instead.
“Beautiful” has a wonderful message. It tells you that:
- Everyone feels ashamed of themselves at one point or another
- Everyone is all beautiful, inside and out
- No one can tell you how you are supposed to feel about yourself except for you
Through Aguilera’s wonderful words, anyone can find themselves feeling stronger and more confident than they ever have before. There is a good reason why this pop wonder has lasted for so many years.
Being beautiful and acceptable will always shift and change according to the standards that are set by society. You can all listen to Aguilera and learn that, no matter what the current standard is, you should not decide your self-worth based on what others decide to think.
The late Michael Jackson created many memorable songs. A lot of them have powerful messages hidden beneath the catchy tunes that carry the lyrics forward. His 1987 creation, “Man in the Mirror”, is no exception. Through his singing, Jackson teaches a lesson about life reflections and how this impacts society.
“Man in the Mirror” talks about how:
- Change comes with inner reflection
- If you want the world around you to become better, you need to start with yourself
- Improvement is easy if you are looking at it the right way
Anyone who is feeling the devastation that comes with looking at the state of the world should listen to this song. Change can happen. All it takes is looking at yourself in the mirror, and moving forward from there.
This song has continued to stand through time as it has changed, shifting from one societal issue to the next. Its message persists as the world continues to segregate itself based on various disagreements based on the color of one’s skin.
“The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers is an excellent life lesson about the risks and rewards that come with life. Life is unpredictable, and you do not know who you are going to encounter or the dangers you will face. You need to be smart enough to understand what to do in your everyday interactions.
“The Gambler” informs you:
- That there are times in life where you will have to suck it up, fight or give up
- Greed will not get you far in your life, especially if you do not know when to be greedy
- Only you can know what you should change and what you should not
There are many other lovely lessons hidden in this song. Kenny Rogers has done an excellent job of advising on the unpredictable thing known as life, creating tools that you might be able to use.
The unpredictability of this song’s advice is what makes it so wonderful for life. You have no idea what is coming next, or how you can prepare yourself to handle it. All you can do is take your acquired knowledge and do what you can in the moment.
This 2011 pop hit has become a staple for outsiders and dreamers over the last ten years. Its lyrics preach about embracing who you are, who you were born to be. Gaga claims that it does not matter who you are or where you come from. You were born this way, and you should flaunt it with all that you are.
Mostly, “Born This Way” helps its listeners:
- Embrace who they truly are
- Empowers individuals to stand up to injustice fighting who they are
“Born This Way” will likely stay a powerful anthem for the oppressed as long as discrimination exists in the world. Those insecure in who they are can feel confident and powerful listening to this song.
Lady Gaga’s powerful anthem speaks to generations of people who have felt ashamed of who they are. Through this song, she asserts that you should be proud of who you are. You have come this far, and should not hide it from the world.
“Hey Jude” by The Beatles, Another Song With Meaning
“Hey Jude” is a very mellow song compared to many others on this list. Those listening to it might not even realize the message that it holds, entranced by the feeling of unity that the chords produce as they are strummed. This song serves as a comfort song for those going through a tough time.
“Hey Jude” spreads the message that:
- Everything will be alright in the end, no matter how hard it seems in the moment
- Peace is just a moment away if you allow it to come
Those experiencing moments of turmoil can listen to “Hey Jude” for a break from their ailments. This masterpiece, though often debated in meaning, is a major comfort song for many who have listened to it over the years.
Anyone who is struggling to find peace can listen to this melody and find their center once again. The world is a vast and wild place, but you can find rest in a few simple chords.
Katy Perry’s creation, perhaps the most popular of all her songs, is another anthem that calls for the listener to celebrate themselves and all of their victories. Those listening to the notes will hear calls of celebration, acknowledging that everyone feels down in the dumps sometimes.
“Firework” talks about how:
- It is okay to not feel your best all that time
- That you are beautiful even if you do not feel like it
- You are capable of overcoming anything that you set your mind to
“Firework” is an anthem that can get anyone through their hardest days. No trial is too big when you know that you are capable of doing anything you desire. You are worthy of what Katy Perry is singing about in this song.
Overall, you should not hesitate to explode with the energy that is inside everyone. Like a firework, you should be on display in front of the entire world. You are powerful and worthy of being strong, no matter how you feel or what others decide they want to say.
This is the second Beatles song that has appeared on this list. “Let It Be” is another melody that promotes the idea of peace and security. No matter how hard life can be, you can all choose to let it be. “Let It Be” is an anthem worth repeating.
The song tells about how:
- All will one day be okay if you just let things be
- There is someone out there who is caring and loving
- Darkness will come, but you can embrace it rather than fear it
If you simply let it be, all will be well. This song was written in response to the death of Paul McCartney’s mother, Mary. His grief brought forth the wisdom poured out in this melody. Others going through the trials of life can depend on this song to get them through whatever comes their way.
Deciding to let it be can get you through the most troubling of times. It can be hard to do this, but it is worth it. In times where it seems impossible to move forward, you can simply decide to let it be. All will be well as the universe works out the ways of life by her own means.
This one's a real song with meaning we all know. Gloria Gaynor is best known for this song, a powerful ballad centered on the strength and endurance of the human spirit. In her song, she discusses the wrongs that have been committed against her and how she has conquered them, regardless of how impossible it seemed at the time.
From Gaynor’s impactful voice, you come to understand that:
- You have the power to stand up to those who try to put you down
- Human endurance is a powerful thing that will allow you to get through tough times
“I Will Survive” holds a message of ferocity that few other songs have been able to match since its initial release in 1978. With its catchy tune and ground-breaking lyrics, this masterpiece will help any individual conquer their challengers.
You can push through if you just take on the strength of Gloria Gaynor’s powerful ballad. You will survive. You will follow through and you will continue to persevere, no matter what is going on.
“Black or White is a song about inclusion, fighting against discrimination against people based on their color. Not only was this 1991 song a complete hit, but it also spread a wonderful message that brought people closer together in times of turmoil. It still stands strong as a message of unity in a world so set on diving itself in half.
“Black and White” provides a strong message that listeners can use for the rest of their lives. This song promotes:
- The idea that it does not matter where you come from, it matters how you treat others
- Discrimination based on the color of your skin should not exist
Michael Jackson’s song is popular, powerful, and a great listen for anyone who decides to give it a chance. The tune talks about how everyone should love each other, no matter skin tone, size, or shape.
In a world that continues to separate person from person and judge based on appearance, you can take this song to heart. Jackson’s message should inspire you to pull together and love, rather than trying to drift apart in a world determined to continue to divide.
This song by Bruce Springsteen made quite the impact when it was released back in 1984. “Dancing in the Dark” was formed out of the singer’s frustration after his hits, diving into the concept of burnout and darkness that often follow success. It can provide a great lesson to anybody who feels worthless after a temporary high of any kind.
Bruce Springsteen’s deep and honest song lets you know that:
- Even the highest of highs can result in the lowest of lows
- Inspiration can be hard to find for even the most talented of people
- It is okay to feel as though you have lost yourself sometimes
In life, you will have moments where you are bound to feel low. It does not matter how successful you are, or what you have done with your life. The ups and downs are inevitable. Springsteen’s honesty reveals that in a way that everyone can understand.
In times of turmoil, you should be comforted by the fact that it is temporary. There will come a time when the ruckus will be over and you can be at peace with yourself once again. The darkness will eventually fall to the light, no matter how hard it tries to beat you down.
“You Can't Hurry Love” provides excellent advice on the true nature of love amid a world that is obsessed with the idea of a perfect relationship. It has a truth that lasts through the ages and can assist anyone falling into the world of romance. Sometimes, love does not come easy. It is a game that must be strategically placed.
“You Can’t Hurry Love” informs its listeners that:
- Love is not a one-sided game, and the two players may react differently in various circumstances
- Love cannot move fast if you intend for it to be the true definition of love
- Heartache is bound to come on the journey to find your loved one, but you have to endure
Lova can throw the average human being to the depths of the earth and back again. It can be hard to discover how to go about finding it when it seems so impossible. The Supremes help to guide you along on the voyage that is unique to everybody.
There is nothing so elusive as love. Patience is something that will come in handy at any stage of the journey. This artist has done a fantastic job at making that message clear.
This is the first song on this list that dives into a deep familial relationship. Harry Chapin’s masterpiece delves into the relationship between a father and a son who cannot seem to find the time to be around each other. It is heartbreaking, truthful, and a good lesson for anyone struggling with never seeing a present parent.
Harry Chapin tells you through his wonderful lyrics that:
- Time with family should be more important than your career, no matter what
- Time passes fast, faster than most people imagine
- If you do not spend time with your children, chances are they will turn out like you
This song is a tear-jerker and provides a good lesson to men and women of all ages. Take your time and live in the moment. Spend time with those who you consider being dear in your life. You never know just how much you are missing out on until it is too late.
Family is easy to dismiss while you have it with you. Unfortunately, it is hard for many to understand the importance of that relationship until it is much too late to try to make amends. You do not want to miss out on what you already have.
Alanis Morissette’s music has stood the test of time, even being turned into a Broadway musical that showcases all of her pieces. “Isn’t it Ironic” is one of her most popular melodies and continues to play even today. The lyrics hold no lesson, but the song itself does. Enjoy life while you can, and live for the small moments as well as the big ones.
Morissette conveys the message that:
- Life is too short to be constrained by definitions and meanings
- Being cautious can be a burden on the way that you live your life
- Life has a way of telling you things in the most unexpected ways
“Isn’t it Ironic” lets you know that things will happen, no matter what you do or say. Things will blow up, break, and crash. Sometimes you will get what you want. Until then, you are along for the ride along with billions of other people.
Having fun will get you far in life. Joy and laughter help you to push through the tough times, laugh through the pain. Happiness is a key survival instinct of human beings that will continue to help you push through time.
Passenger hits the nail on the head with this mellow tone about the reality of love. Unlike “You Can’t Hurry Love”, “Let Her Go” talks about a relationship currently in existence. It touches on what love means. Understanding love can result in some truly painful decisions that mean the best for that person in the end.
This song talks about how:
- Sometimes loving someone means that you should let them go on their own
- Love does not always make you happy, but it helps you grow
- Real love does not mean tying someone to you until they follow your path
Sometimes, the only way you can prove that you care about someone is to allow them to go on their path. You cannot tie them down. If they come back, they will come back. If they do not, you have made the ultimate sacrifice and proven that you truly loved them by setting them free. This is an excellent message for modern society.
Love has so many different meanings. In a world where toxic relationships are becoming more and more popular, it is more critical than ever to hang on to what this word means. Loving means losing, and in turn hoping that they will come back one day.
Louis Armstrong’s reflections on the world are a wonderful reminder to take a step back and slow down. Without pausing to reflect on the beauty that the environment holds, you are missing out on some of the most important moments in life. The world around you is worthy of recognition.
The universe that you inhabit is an incredible place. Through Armstrong's masterful storytelling, you come to understand that:
- The world is a beautiful and unique place that you are blessed to reside on
- Nature is an incredible and mysterious thing that you get to witness
- The variety of the universe is a wonder to behold
Through the crooning lull of Louis Armstrong’s voice, you can fall in love with the natural features that make up the air that everyone breathes, the views that you can see, and the decisions that everyone must make. The world provides bountiful resources and it is worthy of admiration if you just take a chance to breathe.
In a fast-paced society, this is harder than ever to do. All it takes is one listen to Armstrong’s song to realize what you have been missing out on in the chaos of life.
“We Are the Champions” by Queen, A Song With Meaning
This is a tune that every single person on the planet is familiar with. “We Are the Champions” by Queen is a relentless, triumphant rallying cry. There is no time to lose in this song, but it also discusses the hard work that is involved with becoming a champion. It does not come without a price.
“We Are the Champions” lets you know that:
- Victory is something that deserves to be celebrated
- Hard work and persistence can lead to the ultimate form of triumph
- A winner is a winner is a winner
Queen conveys the message that when victory occurs, you deserve to celebrate over your opponents. It does not come easy. Victory comes with hard work, but the achievement of your ultimate goal makes all of the pain and suffering that you experience worth it at the very end of your journey.
If you need a boost in positivity, take a listen to “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors. This is a bop that does not allow room for a bad day. Even if the worst is happening to you, there is always a way that you can put a positive spin on it. You can have the best day of your life every single day if you would like.
American Authors lets you know that:
- You can have a great day no matter what terrible thing is happening in your life
- You can encourage others to see the joy in the struggles of everyday
- Life is too short to have a terrible day, even if your mind is telling you to
Just because a day is not a good day does not mean it has to be a bad one. There is a way to enjoy the negative and surf right past the turbulent moments that pop up in the worst moments. No matter what is going on, this song teaches you to push forward with a genuine smile.
“Perfect” is another anthem that preaches that everybody is perfect, no matter who they are or what they have done in their life. P!nk, with her impressive rock vocals and powerful lyrics, does not hesitate to tell the world that they deserve nothing less than everything for simply existing.
Through this ballad, you come to understand that:
- You are perfect on the inside and out, no matter what you look like or how you feel
- Everyone feels worthless from time to time, but you are far from it
- The world is lucky to have you
If you ever feel down, take the opportunity to listen to P!nk’s message in this one-of-a-kind song. It is guaranteed to make you feel better and more confident in who you are, and who you are going to be.
Top Meaningful Songs With a Message Or Life Advice, Final Thoughts
These top songs have a lot to offer for those who listen to them. The messages and advice that are intertwined within these lyrics can help anybody who decides to listen to them, no matter who they are.
Though there are many more songs like this out there, these lot are excellent choices. Listen to them if you need a mood boost, advice, or a helpful lesson that can assist you in getting through your troubles.
The Song of Songs (also called the Song of Solomon) is a poem about love between a man and a woman. They love each other deeply, and later, they marry. The author of the Song probably lived about the same time as King Solomon. It is possible that Solomon himself wrote the Song.Which 3 songs describe your life? ›
- Let Me Be Myself by 3 Doors Down.
- Let You Down by NF.
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day.
- A Long December by Counting Crows.
- Complicated by Avril Lavigne.
- Who Says by Selena Gomez.
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.
- Blow Up the Outside World by Soundgarden.
- “Pray for Me” by the Weeknd ft. ...
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen (this one is suitable for older students)
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga.
The Song of Songs (also called the Song of Solomon) is a poem about love between a man and a woman. They love each other deeply, and later, they marry. The author of the Song probably lived about the same time as King Solomon. It is possible that Solomon himself wrote the Song.What song describes your life best answer? ›
- 1. “ Titanium” by David Guetta.
- 2. “ Under Pressure” by Queen and David Bowie.
- 3. “ We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift.
- 4. “ Weekend” by Louis The Child and Icona Pop.
- 5. “ Brave” by Sara Bareilles.
- 6. “ Baba O'Riley” by The Who.
- 7. “ It's My Life” by Bon Jovi.
- 8. “
- Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. Christina Aguilera Beautiful. ...
- Beautiful Day by U2. ...
- Born Free by Matt Munro. ...
- Country Roads, Take Me Home by John Denver. ...
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. ...
- Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin. ...
- Dream On by Aerosmith. ...
- Dust in the Wind by Kansas.
- 'Let's Go Crazy' by Prince. ...
- 'I Got You (I Feel Good)' by James Brown & The Famous Flames. ...
- 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen. ...
- 'Good as Hell' by Lizzo. ...
- 'Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina & The Waves. ...
- 'Lovely Day' by Bill Withers. ...
- 'Tightrope' by Janelle Monáe. ...
- 'Three Little Birds' by Bob Marley & The Wailers.
- “Gates of Hades” // Nick Ashton.
- "Runaway Train” // Soul Asylum. ...
- "Panama” // Van Halen. ...
- "Gran Vals” // Francisco Tarrega. ...
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" // Nirvana. ...
- "I Will Always Love You" // Whitney Houston. ...
- "867-5309/Jenny" // Tommy Tutone. ...
- "The Magic Flute" // Mozart. ...
|1. (2)||2||Last Night Morgan Wallen peak position: 1 – total weeks: 27|
|2. (3)||3||Fast Car Luke Combs peak position: 2 – total weeks: 19|
|3. (new)||new||Meltdown Highest Debut Travis Scott and Drake peak position: 3 – total weeks: 1|
|4. (6)||6||Cruel Summer Taylor Swift peak position: 4 – total weeks: 13|
The release is considered an EP if it comprises 3 or fewer songs, with one of those songs being 10 minutes long or longer. However, the total playtime of the entire release is less than 30 minutes. But if the release is 30 minutes in total and includes 4 to 6 songs, it would also be considered an EP.
"Live Your Life" includes a sample of the chorus of the O-Zone song "Dragostea Din Tei" at its beginning and ending, as well as an interpolation of the chorus, with English-language lyrics sung by Rihanna, at the beginning.